Saturday, September 18, 2010

LV Bags Monogram? Seriously?

So I'm so not trying to be facetious (I know, eh?) but I got about 25 requests last night for a sale on Monogram items.  I'm always a bit take aback by how popular LV Monogram still is.  It's not that it's ugly or anything, but it's so....EVERYWHERE that I would think folks would kinda want to steer clear of it.But since I have been "told", I am going to have a Monogram LV bag and coach bags
for sale NEXT WEEK (as in not starting today - yes, people are pre-booking the sales!  Hahahaha).

Having said that, LV handbag has the same qualities as the real thing.  For instance, the leather is typical and it starts out yellowish in colour - brand new - and then darkens to a very nice dark tan / brown leather.

Other areas where the leather is, like near the bottom of the bag, will dark slower and so the bag will have a very nice marbled look, darker on the handles and lighter dark in other areas.

I get this question all the time, but that is INTENTIONAL.  It's NOT the sign of a bag replica.  Real LV bags are designed to darken over time.  I know some of you must be rolling your eyes at this (well versed LV fans) but I get it all the time.  People writing to me, kinda upset, that their LV Monogram leather is changing colours!

The Monogram Canvas part is also a bit confusing to some people.  This part of the bag is NOT leather.  It is a canvas material, designed and patented by LV, and it has a waterproofing treatment that allows for rain water or spills to dribble off the bag.  If you have ever had coffee spill on a leather or canvas bag (name the day, it happens to me daily), you'll know that some leathers stain very easily, and then you have a lovely coffee stain on a handbag.  LV Monogram Canvas will not take the stain.  The coffee / liquid will just bead up and fall off.  I don't suggest you try this with all liquids.  You know,  you might not want to try to see if it works with salad dressing, for instance.

Having said that, keep in mind that the waterproofing treatment that is used to make the canvas leather-like (tough and waterproof), is a heavy duty chemical process.  The factories in China make more Monogram products than anything else.  Combine all the other designers you can think of and all of them combined are a fraction of what they make in LV Monogram in a given year.  That's A LOT of LV Monogram folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment